We have many years of experience in dealing with the added complexity of a death overseas and the task of returning the deceased to Ireland.
We can manage all aspects of repatriation including:
- obtaining the necessary documentation in the locality
- presenting the documentation to procure permits for the destination country
- preparing the body for shipment
- completing all travel arrangements
- advising on the cost involved
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries on Repatriation.
In the instance that a death occurs overseas, repatriation is the process of transporting a deceased person to another country.
Is repatriation included in travel insurance? Yes, it’s included as part of standard travel insurance policies. Some insurers won’t specify a cover limit for repatriation, just that it’ll cover the costs, while others will have medical cover limits that include the cost of repatriation.